Thursday, September 11, 2008

Interviews kinda make me happy.

So me and Kasey interviewed Robin Murphy about all this grammar jazz. Enlightening to say the least. I never knew about the secret undertows of the English world until I got to spend some brief moments with a composition cohort. What I really imagined in my head was a V For Vendetta-esque scenario emerging between the Compositionists and Literature Theorists. Murphy was shaved headed and everything.

To make a short interview even shorter, I can just say she gagged at most of Mulroy's notions of grammar being a lessening subject within the public school system. She examined his sources and qualifications, adding her own personal touch of wit and charm, leaving us in stitches with some of the conclusions she came up with.
1. A Lit theorist shouldn't be ranting about grammar in composition. It's like finding a macaroni noodle in your animal cracker box.
2. His sources were as ancient as Greece itself.
3. We could have a public book burning in protest.

Ok. Maybe that last one was my thought on the matter.

3 comments:

kasey mckinzie said...

Book burning, Main Street, Tomorrow??? :)

Murph said...

ONLY if it's literature. Leave my vampire novels alone!

brandonmichael5 said...

Le gasp.

Book burnings are bad. There are worse things though. I hear tell that a religious leader once put an award on an author's head. (Vh1)